Saturday, March 17, 2007

I Am @ Youth.SG


This is the first contest on blog I have ever participated! Feeling excited and happy to start off in my first post entry, which eventually turns out to be a contest! Youth means, teenagers that are young and maturing at the same time, to me, I am also considered as a youth because I am ONLY 14 years old, turning 15 soon, and maturing, even though I am very childish at times (-.-lll). Youths are also the important in becoming the leaders of Singapore in the future years and leading Singapore to a greater height. I will start off by explaining the meaning of " I Am @ Youth.SG" .

I Am @ Youth.SG means I am a youth in Singapore, to me. I am proud to be in Singapore, because we are protected by many countries =) and there is a variety of food for us to learn from each races, not only from food but also from each others' culture.

I get the idea of " I am a youth in Singapore" from "Youth.SG". "Youth.SG" means I am from Singapore not from any other country. It has a same meaning as some website like http://www.yahoo.com/, if you type http://www.yahoo.com/ and use the search engine, it means you are searching from the whole global network however, if you type http://www.yahoo.com.sg/, and you use the search engine, it means you are searching only from Singapore and only can be found in Singapore.231

I compose a pledge for the youths as a representing pledge and to show that we are important, because I feel that most of the important things around us has a pledge including CCAs too so I think we, youths are important too so I compose a pledge for us and ONLY youths can take the pledge.

YOUTHs' PLEDGE

We, the YOUTHS of Singapore,

Pledge to lead Singapore to a greater height,

Regardless of race, language or religion,

We always understand each other,

Yo Yo Yo is the language we all understand,

Meh, Lar and Lor is the language we all outstand,

So in the future,

We must be in uniting to build a better SINGAPORE.

No comments: